Supporting people in hospitals across South Australia through vital health and medical research and improved patient care.
Meet our passionate and dedicated team.
Meet our Board and Governance team.
THRF adopts extremely high transparency standards when reporting our financials.
Supports research into the detection, management and treatment of breast cancer.
Funds vital medical research into the detection and treatment of prostate cancer, as well as preventing the metastatic spread of the disease.
We are passionate and determined to improve heart health and beat heart disease through advances in knowledge and research.
Our aim is to reduce and ultimately eliminate the high incidence of chronic kidney disease and diabetes in Australia and around the world.
Supports health and wellbeing research for veterans, emergency service personnel and their families.
Driving collaboration, innovation and research to develop best-practice arts, design and health programs.
Do you want to join our team? Check out current career opportunities here.
View some of the commonly asked questions about our organisation.
We are so grateful to those who donate their time and skills to support life-changing medical research. Find out more…
Get in touch with us here.
The Hospital Research Foundation Inc. respects the privacy of individuals, and takes seriously the trust of individuals in providing it with their personal details.
THRF is bound by the Commonwealth’s Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 which became effective for all private sector organisations in Australia from 21 December 2001.
The following code of practice is designed to meet the ten National Privacy Principles outlined in the Act controlling the recording of, use of and rights of access to personal information held by THRF.
Code of practice
• THRF will only collect personal information from staff, volunteers and donors that is essential for the purposes for which it is requested. Personal information collected by THRF will be used solely for the primary purpose for which it is collected or for a closely related secondary purpose.
• Persons receiving direct marketing material will be given the opportunity of not receiving any further information.
• Every effort will be made to ensure that all personal information is accurate and, as far as practicable, kept up-to-date.
• All personal information will be held in either locked files or in computerised databases accessible only to those persons who need to have access to the information.
• THRF will take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity of its computerised databases and records.
• Personal information will be confidentially destroyed or de-identified as soon as it is no longer legally required.
• All staff and volunteers are required to sign confidentiality clauses prior to commencement of working with THRF.
• Individuals will have the right to access their personal information held by THRF, subject to certain exceptions detailed in the National Privacy Principles.
• THRF reserves the right to charge an individual a reasonable fee to cover the expense of providing access to personal information.
• THRF will not use or record any ‘identifier’ issued by a government agency to identify a person in its records or databases.
• Where possible, THRF will respect a person who wishes to remain anonymous.
• Personal information will only be transferred overseas at the request of the individual.
• In general THRF will not collect sensitive information about staff, volunteers or any other persons, other than when undertaking a police clearance for staff or volunteers or information on a person’s health which may impact on their health or welfare while at THRF.
• All collection and use of sensitive information will involve formal consent from the individual, even if required by law.
Any inquiries in relation to this policy or requests for access to personal information should be referred in writing to:
The Privacy Officer, The Hospital Research Foundation, Locked Bag 1, Regency Park SA 5010
By accessing or using The Hospital Research Foundation Incorporated’s website, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions of use as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated, any new and current features including new content, and/or the release of new interactive tools or downloadable resources shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use. In all other cases, permission must be sought from the Foundation to use the materials. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and the use of all information contained within it. For more information, see the Disclaimer paragraph below.
The Hospital Research Foundation makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites that you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that this is independent from The Hospital Research Foundation and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In linking to any other website, The Hospital Research Foundation does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in conjunction with use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link shall be directed to its website administrator.
We will try to make our website available and accessible but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free and can accept no liability for its unavailability or malfunction. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other internet connected device.
A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
We may gather your IP address as part of our business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with our services. This information does not identify you personally.
In displaying comments made by external users of this website, The Hospital Research Foundation does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the content, and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in conjunction with use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available described in these comments.
The Hospital Research Foundation information about research, diseases, treatments and general matters has been written and edited by people internally and externally of the Foundation. The Hospital Research Foundation makes every effort to ensure that information provided is as up-to-date and accurate as possible. However the Foundation does not accept liability for misinterpreted or incorrect information. It is also not the intention of The Hospital Research Foundation and you must not use the information on this website to recommend any particular form of research or treatment for self-diagnosis or treatment therapy. At all times you need to discuss the information you find on this website, or any other source, with your doctors or health team, given your unique situation and status.